It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:25 am

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: XMMS and QMMP skin thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:59 pm 

Anti has been giving us some cool skins for xmms in AntiX 12. So I thought maybe a skin thread for XMMS and since they work in QMMP would be cool, (or not :roll: ).

Anyways, 2 skins I like are

Frequency
http://www.memlo.net/gallery/frequency.htm

Cystalsvg
http://www.crystalxp.net/galerie/en.id. ... -skins.htm

To install. Just download the zip or tar to Downloads folder. Open rox and just left click which opens Xarchiver.
Pick extract. You should end up with a folder or a .wxz. Open another rox window. Hit the eye to see hidden files. Go to .xmms folder. Open it up. Open the Skins folder. Drag and drop the extracted folder or .wxz from Downloads open rox window to Skins open rox window and select copy or move (depending on whether you plan on making a backup of downloaded skins).

Open XMMS or QMMP. Left click on top left hand corner of player and pick Options>Skin Browser.
Pick your new skin, (left click on names in left window), see your new skin show up and then hit close.

As a bonus. Here is a couple of .pls radio stations I listen to in xmms. Just download and extract and use open file in xmms or qmmp to play.

Attachment:
indiepop.pls.tar.gz [465 Bytes]
Downloaded 184 times

I am not fully awake yet on this Sunday Morning Hang Over so if this thread needs moving. Oh well. :?

Happy Trails Rok.

Post subject: Re: XMMS and QMMP skin thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:44 am 

Just uploading some mtu's and .pls and .asx stuff so I can find later. Anybody else is welcome to them. I keep the extracted streaming folder in ~/Music. It's a bit of a mess though (duplicate .tar and stuff).

Attachment:
Amrel_Streaming.tar.gz [5.75 KiB]
Downloaded 158 times

the .asx works in gnome-player.

Post subject: Re: XMMS and QMMP skin thread
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:19 am 

OMG...........OMG...........OMG...........

XMMS................not XMMS2 ............and antiX...........

I have been a promoter of XMMS for a decade, even wrote an article at LinuxForums promoting it as a way for "the newbie";.........a DETESTABLE useage in this writer's opinion........

to be easily introduced to the "guts" of Linux~~~ !!

woodheartenedsmoke