It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:48 pm

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: wicd and wired network
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:48 pm 

This may apply to my multiseat setup, but I am not sure. After upgrading to the latest wicd in testing, it no longer automatically connects to any interface (wired and wireless). Pressing disconnect all I am able to connect to the wireless network, but still not the wired. After restarting the wicd daemon, I am able to connect to both networks and automatic connection works as well. Ceni however works fine. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem?

Dave

Post subject: Re: wicd and wired network
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:49 am 

What you describe is why I 'just use ceni' 95% of the time. If one of them works, that's what matters to me.

Best wishes!

Post subject: Re: wicd and wired network
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:07 am 

SaminBare wrote:
If one of them works, that's what matters to me.

I agree with this, wicd has worked 95 % of the time for me though ceni is still always there as a backup. In the 5% that wicd crashes it crashes hard ;) . After fiddling around, removing testing, installing stable, removing stable installing unstable, changing config file after config file, then changing them back, changing routers, changing nic cards, running live cd and rebuilding to the current state, I finally found the problem. In my slight brain wave I decided to check the dependency tree :? , (probably should have done this sooner :oops: ) Even though this is fresh out of the debian repository, there is a package that is required yet missing as a dependency in the .deb :o . It is: dhcp3-client.

Simply installed it and all was back to normal :D