It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:12 pm



Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: policykit-1 now depends on systemd! WTF?!?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:51 pm
Posts: 45
Excuse me because I have good reasons to be a little angry. :mad: But policykit-1 from stable repos now depends on systemd during dist-upgrade.

If you are against systemd, do NOT d-u. Just stick with upgrade for now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: policykit-1 now depends on systemd! WTF?!?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:44 am
Posts: 4017
Location: Pecos, Texas
inxi -r is missing in your thread.

Code:
[email protected]:~# apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  libevent-core-2.0-5 libevent-pthreads-2.0-5
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.


Code:
[email protected]:~# inxi -r
Repos:     Active apt sources in file: / etc/apt/sources.list.d/antix.list
           deb http://antix.daveserver.info/jessie jessie main nosystemd
           Active apt sources in file: / etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.list
           deb http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
           deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free
           Active apt sources in file: / etc/apt/sources.list.d/various.list
           deb http://liquorix.net/debian/ sid main


see. no problemo here with my latest dist-upgrade.

Code:
[email protected]:~# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  libevent-core-2.0-5 libevent-pthreads-2.0-5
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

_________________
Linux Registered User # 475019
Linux at Home courses
How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: policykit-1 now depends on systemd! WTF?!?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:44 am
Posts: 4017
Location: Pecos, Texas
You also did not mention what you have installed or what is running on your gear with a inxi -Fxx report either.

Code:
[email protected]:~
$ apt search policykit-1
Sorting... Done
Full Text Search... Done
libmatepolkit-dev/stable 1.8.0+dfsg1-4 i386
  MATE authentication agent for PolicyKit-1 (development files)

libpolkit-gtk-mate-1-0/stable 1.8.0+dfsg1-4 i386
  MATE authentication agent for PolicyKit-1 (library)

libpolkit-gtk-mate-1-0-dbg/stable 1.8.0+dfsg1-4 i386
  MATE authentication agent for PolicyKit-1 (debugging symbols)

libpolkit-qt-1-dev/stable 0.103.0-1 i386
  PolicyKit-qt-1 development files

mate-polkit/stable 1.8.0+dfsg1-4 i386
  MATE authentication agent for PolicyKit-1

mate-polkit-common/stable 1.8.0+dfsg1-4 i386
  MATE authentication agent for PolicyKit-1 (common files)

policykit-1/jessie,now 0.105-8.0nosystemd1 i386 [installed,automatic]
  framework for managing administrative policies and privileges

policykit-1-doc/jessie 0.105-8.0nosystemd1 all
  documentation for PolicyKit-1

policykit-1-gnome/stable 0.105-2 i386
  GNOME authentication agent for PolicyKit-1

[email protected]:~
$


Just saying is all. If one rants. Be concise and give details on why one is PO.
Because. So far. I am not convinced your thread is accurate. :?
Happy Trails, Rok

_________________
Linux Registered User # 475019
Linux at Home courses
How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: policykit-1 now depends on systemd! WTF?!?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:41 am
Posts: 87
The policykit-1 package does have a dependency for libpam-systemd, but it's not like it was just added recently.

MX-15 came with the libpam-systemd package preinstalled along with three other systemd packages.
Code:
$ grep systemd /usr/share/antiX/installed.txt
libpam-systemd:amd64                  215-17+deb8u2                        amd64        system and service manager - PAM module
libsystemd0:amd64                     215-17+deb8u2                        amd64        systemd utility library
systemd                               215-17+deb8u2                        amd64        system and service manager
systemd-shim                          9-1                                  amd64        shim for systemd

(the /usr/share/antiX/installed.txt file is the list of packages that are installed OOTB)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: policykit-1 now depends on systemd! WTF?!?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:51 pm
Posts: 45
rokytnji wrote:
inxi -r is missing in your thread.

Code:
[email protected]:~# apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  libevent-core-2.0-5 libevent-pthreads-2.0-5
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.


Code:
[email protected]:~# inxi -r
Repos:     Active apt sources in file: / etc/apt/sources.list.d/antix.list
           deb http://antix.daveserver.info/jessie jessie main nosystemd
           Active apt sources in file: / etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.list
           deb http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
           deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free
           Active apt sources in file: / etc/apt/sources.list.d/various.list
           deb http://liquorix.net/debian/ sid main


see. no problemo here with my latest dist-upgrade.

Code:
[email protected]:~# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  libevent-core-2.0-5 libevent-pthreads-2.0-5
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.


What is inxi -r?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: policykit-1 now depends on systemd! WTF?!?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:51 pm
Posts: 45
kmathern wrote:
The policykit-1 package does have a dependency for libpam-systemd, but it's not like it was just added recently.

MX-15 came with the libpam-systemd package preinstalled along with three other systemd packages.
Code:
$ grep systemd /usr/share/antiX/installed.txt
libpam-systemd:amd64                  215-17+deb8u2                        amd64        system and service manager - PAM module
libsystemd0:amd64                     215-17+deb8u2                        amd64        systemd utility library
systemd                               215-17+deb8u2                        amd64        system and service manager
systemd-shim                          9-1                                  amd64        shim for systemd

(the /usr/share/antiX/installed.txt file is the list of packages that are installed OOTB)


And to think I thought endev was suppose to prevent that, just like in antiX.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: policykit-1 now depends on systemd! WTF?!?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:15 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 5838
Location: Greece
TVD - If you enable the testing repo in antix.list and do apt-get install policykit-1 is it ok? Can you test if it still works on reboot. If it does, then we can move the versions in antiX testing repo to antiX jessie repo. But before I do this, I need to be 99% certain that there will be no issues.

_________________
Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: policykit-1 now depends on systemd! WTF?!?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:47 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 5838
Location: Greece
Actually scrap the above post as I have uploaded built nosystemd jessie debs for policykit-1. Just wait for them to hit the repos.

Added later: now in default repos.

_________________
Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: policykit-1 now depends on systemd! WTF?!?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:51 pm
Posts: 45
anticapitalista wrote:
Actually scrap the above post as I have uploaded built nosystemd jessie debs for policykit-1. Just wait for them to hit the repos.

Added later: now in default repos.


My apologies for long delay. policykit-1 from nosystemd jessie repo works. Thanks! :cool:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
suspicion-preferred