|MX-16 (Metamorphosis) RC1 available for testing
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||anticapitalista [ Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:36 pm ]|
|Post subject:||MX-16 (Metamorphosis) RC1 available for testing|
MX-16 (Metamorphosis) RC1 available for testing
Ahead of schedule, MX-16 release candidate 1 is available for further testing.
We have quashed many bugs and added improvements since the first public-beta1.
The dev team hopes that, with additional feedback, the final should be ready very soon.
Please help us by testing and reporting any issues that crop up.
Get it here:https://sourceforge.net/projects/antix-linux/files/Testing/MX-16/
It is built on the reliable and stable Debian Jessie (8.6) with extra enhancements from the antiX live system and up to date applications provided by the MX Linux packagers.
Just like previous versions of MX, this release defaults to sysVinit.
Available in 32 and 64 bit.
The 32 bit version ships with 2 stable 3.16 Debian kernels (pae and non-pae), while
the 64 bit comes with the more recent Debian backports 4.7 kernel to cater for newer hardware.
All kernels have been patched against the Dirty COW exploit.
Both iso files weigh in at around 1.2GB in size.
What does MX Linux ship with?
* Xfce4.12 is the desktop environment.
* Latest Firefox 50 for browsing and Thunderbird 45.5.0 for email.
* VLC 2.2.4 caters for videos and Clementine 1.3.1 for playing and managing your music.
* Full LibreOffice 5.2.2 suite
* Shotwell 0.24.1 digital photo organizer
* Pepper Flash Player - browser plugin
* Chinese and Japanese fonts included on the iso
* gimp 2.8.18
* grub-customizer 5.0.6
* gscan2pdf 1.5.1-1 GUI to produce PDFs or DjVus from scanned documents
* mx-clocky attractive desktop-agnostic analog clock
* samba shares
* smtube - watch youtube videos without using a browser - ideal for low-powered laptops.
* Security: Passwords and Keys 3.14.0
Further improvements and enhancements to running Live from a usb stick or frugally from a hard drive.
New! - live-kernel-upgrader - as it says, upgrade the kernel and remaster a running Live system
live-usb-maker - new cli tool to install a full-featured live environment to USB device that boots legacy and UEFI!
Enjoy and please post feedback over at the MX Linux forum.
anticapitalista, on behalf of the MX Linux team.
24 November, 2016, Thessaloniki.
Known issue: Brother scanners may not work. We are trying to get this fixed before releasing final.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC + 2 hours|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group