It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:21 pm

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: Reboot and SHutdown from XFCE
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:54 pm 

worked like a charm. thanks again :)

Post subject: Re: (solved) Reboot and SHutdown from XFCE
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:38 pm 

could you post the content of the file I mentioned above. I just did another install and that is all I had to change.

edi.t:
bit of a time delay, glad you got it working :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:42 pm 

Dave wrote:
could you post the content of the file I mentioned above. I just did another install and that is all I had to change.

well, I had already changed it back to the default when it didn't work for me. I could do another install I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:40 pm 

I'd like to know how to edit the xfce menu and/or taskbar/tray to include /usr/local/bin/exitantix.sh. I see this thread has been resolved for you, but I need to get mine fixed. My shutdown button on the taskbar doesn't work at all. I do, however have a shutdown option if I use the menu, so my interest is in repairing the missing link for the icon on the taskbar.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:52 pm 

mizpa wrote:
I'd like to know how to edit the xfce menu and/or taskbar/tray to include /usr/local/bin/exitantix.sh. I see this thread has been resolved for you, but I need to get mine fixed. My shutdown button on the taskbar doesn't work at all. I do, however have a shutdown option if I use the menu, so my interest is in repairing the missing link for the icon on the taskbar.

easy enough to do. right click on the panel and choose add new items. add a launcher. add logout to the launcher, select "edit the currently selected item", where it says Command paste in "/usr/local/bin/exitantix.sh" in place of what's there. then you can remove the logout action button from the panel.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

mizpa, also check your /etc/sudoers file to see if it has been changed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:36 pm 

loukingjr wrote:
mizpa wrote:

easy enough to do. right click on the panel and choose add new items. add a launcher. add logout to the launcher, select "edit the currently selected item", where it says Command paste in "/usr/local/bin/exitantix.sh" in place of what's there. then you can remove the logout action button from the panel.

I on't have the same panel that you have, apparently, this is XFCE and I don't have 'new items' etc. what I have when I right-click is 'tile vertically/horizontally, cascade, arrange, minimize all, hide all, undo, windows, refresh, about, logout' and that's it :!:

any advice?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:39 pm 

anticapitalista wrote:
mizpa, also check your /etc/sudoers file to see if it has been changed.

If there is an /etc/sudoers file posted, I'll be glad to compare them, but right now, I wouldn't know if anything has changed, as I've not used it at all - it's a new install of M11-full in place of the M11-base.

This is my /etc/sudoers using nano:
Code:
# sudoers file.
#
# This file MUST be edited with the "visudo" command as root.
#
# See the man page for details on how to write a sudoers file.
#

# Host alias specification

# User alias specification

# Cmnd alias specification

# User privilege specification
root    ALL=(ALL) ALL

%users ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /sbin/halt

%users ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /sbin/reboot

%users ALL= /usr/sbin/pppoeconf

%users ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /sbin/fdisk

##%users ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rox

Last edited by mizpa on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:48 pm 

mizpa wrote:
I on't have the same panel that you have, apparently, this is XFCE and I don't have 'new items' etc. what I have when I right-click is 'tile vertically/horizontally, cascade, arrange, minimize all, hide all, undo, windows, refresh, about, logout' and that's it :!:

any advice?

it doesn't sound like you are actually running xfce because none of that shows up in my panel.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:43 pm 

I took care of the problem - removed XFCE and GDM, installed LXDE and LightDM all is better now :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:45 pm 

loukingjr wrote:
mizpa wrote:

Thanks loukingjr.
Your instructions on the correction of the Logout problem in the XFCE4 are very clear and precise.
That did the trick. The Xfce logout screen was replaced by the AntiX default one.
It works fine.

nliter

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:29 pm 

you're most welcome. glad to help

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:04 pm 

I am pretty sure this is related to my problem in this thread: thunar-mount-eject-not-authorized-t3719.html

Slim just doesn't communicate to PolicyKit as it should. Which is why I suggest replacing it with LightDM or something in the next antiX release.