It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Removing apps
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:50 pm 

sure, but these threads do pop up every few years.
I doubt it will get easier the next time

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:33 am 

thrifteee, I realize that some folks are constrained by their BIOS not supporting boot from USB but FWIW i prefer to never see an installer.
Live+persistence (and leave the HDD power cables disconnected) is how I usually roll.

Quote:
consider removing the number of window managers that come by default
With the exception of a few iceWM themes which have many/large imagefiles, the wm -related files collectively occupy an insignificant amount of space.
You can verify my above claim by using the ncurses directory usage utility (if not already present, install its 120Kb "ncdu" package from debian repository) to quickly browse your usr / share / themes directories.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:19 pm 

MMMMM, I don't think the number of window managers should be decreased, I think if anything, the space gained by trimming things like extra themes (please leave metal2), should be used to add more popular window managers if they can be squeezed in. Many people are used to and maybe have customized menus or setups for a particular window manager or panel, and if a setup for that one exists, they are more likely to try your distro.

3-Dell E5540 8gb
4-Dell Inspiron 15 7559 16gb
various older machines

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2