It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:20 pm

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Power management with AntiX
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:55 am 

Hi, I've got AntiX installed on my old 2006 Acer Aspire laptop ... these things are noted for poor battery performance.

My currently battery is about a year old and has been used little .... and I thought using a "light" OS like AntiX might help give better battery life.

However, I still only get about 90-120 minutes out of it.

Any tips to help extend the battery life a bit more? For example, I know WattOS was supposed to include some power-saving options ... anything like that in Anti?

Thanks, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all!

Post subject: Re: Power management with AntiX
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:01 am 

you can try powertop. It's a command line app. There's also laptop mode tools. Then there is also that cpufrequency one, but I forgot how to set it up and never found it useful.

Your battery could also just be old or rundown. I don't believe a lightweight OS has much to do with battery life, but I could be wrong.

Heck, on one of my laptops, my battery dies like a few minutes after unplugging it. lol

Post subject: Re: Power management with AntiX
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:06 pm 

Merry Christmas,

There is a hardworking man in this country "linrunner". This project has developed the TLP. Preferably for Thinkpads and Ubuntu distro.

However, other models of laptops and distros to work with.
I use e.g. the fan control "thinkfan".

Campaign to save energy and battery maybe you've got to look at the times here (english version):

TLP Linux Advanced Power Management
https://github.com/linrunner/TLP/wiki/T ... Management

TLP Configuration
https://github.com/linrunner/TLP/wiki/TLP-Configuration

TLP FAQ
https://github.com/linrunner/TLP/wiki/TLP-FAQ