It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Re: roxterm is no longer maintained
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:00 pm 

I can attest to what jesSch1023 says:

1. LXterminal is a good choice. It has a decent feature set and it's a good choice for ordinary use. Those who have specific requirements are likely to be able to "grab" whatever they want, myself included. But for casual use, and even for most of the things I am likely to need, LXterminal will do the job.

2. I am also certain that antiX-17 will be very good, even "awesome" right out of the box. With all of the alternatives we have available right within the antiX community - the regular antiX distribution, the ability to start with antiX Core and build what you want, or the light to medium, Xfce-based MX variation that the "MEPIS Lovers" community has created with the antiX team, we have multiple options, all of which have a distinctive appeal for various audiences. I can tell you that for my own needs, when I simply want a simple setup, I go with MX - currently MX-16.1 with updates. When I want something lighter, I use antiX with one of the resource conserving window managers, and when I want to build something that has any Debian-based software, customized to my exact needs, I build my own antiX Core, which, interestingly, is very similar to what has since been built as MX! Lots of excellent choices, all of them useful.

Reading what our development team has been going through to get the recent kernels working properly with the network stack, I'm confident that we have a great bunch of people working together!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:40 pm 

Yeah. Because as usual. I am gonna do what I want anyways.

I'll roll with what ever comes as default. Then tweak to my own tastes. Just like I do on stock motorcycles. None of my bikes are stock.

Even if we go with Guake or Yakuake. Grinning as I imagine the full iso going into the gigabyte range. Instead of cd range. I guess base and core are gonna be my only oldy computer options if PLOP does not carry the load. Good thing my atom netbooks have usb boot bios capabilty , even with a external DVDROM drive.

Edit: Just wondering. What is wrong with using xfce4 terminal instead of lxterminal?
Besides size of including it with xfce4 libs? Because size of full iso looks to be given on not fitting on cd anymore?
8)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:34 pm 

rokytnji wrote:
Yeah. Because as usual. I am gonna do what I want anyways.

I'll roll with what ever comes as default. Then tweak to my own tastes. Just like I do on stock motorcycles. None of my bikes are stock.

Even if we go with Guake or Yakuake. Grinning as I imagine the full iso going into the gigabyte range. Instead of cd range. I guess base and core are gonna be my only oldy computer options if PLOP does not carry the load. Good thing my atom netbooks have usb boot bios capabilty , even with a external DVDROM drive.

Edit: Just wondering. What is wrong with using xfce4 terminal instead of lxterminal?
Besides size of including it with xfce4 libs? Because size of full iso looks to be given on not fitting on cd anymore?
8)

Actually Roky, on the vast majority of my systems, if I am using a desktop environment, I use Xfce, and I use the xfce4 terminal.
Otherwise, I tend to use IceWM, though a few times I've grafted the xf display in, but EXIT can be a challenge, unless I manually kill whatever I start in a *strange* way. My own custom antiX Core in fact used Xfce, as I've mentioned before. For a long time, that was my favorite distribution to use on a regular basis; life got BUSY though and I have not done anything with it recently.

I've custom built unusual merging of apps and packages from all kinds of environments in the past, and as long as I built them myself, I could get them to work quite well. No time for that any more, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:47 pm 

I know how you roll Brian, watching you over the years. My question was not actually pointed at you. But more pointed AND shot at other members of this forum reading this thread.