It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: antix live cd startet nicht unter win7
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:11 am 

Hallo,

habe einen ziemlich verbastelten pc mit win7 bekommen, bei dem ich die BIOS Einstellungen nicht hinbekomme, das heißt, ich kann die Startreihenfolge beim "advanced bios" zwar so ändern, daß die live cd an erster Stelle steht, jedoch stellt sich danach alles wieder auf HDD als erster Startaktion um und ich erhalte das klebrige windows 7. Kann somit auch nicht gparted zum formatieren/ partitionieren starten... an der Kiste haben wohl schon einige Leute rumgefuckelt. Hat jemand eine Idee, wie ich diesen geschenkten Gaul wieder auf Trab bringen kann?

Mit Grüßen von enzo

Post subject: Re: antix live cd startet nicht unter win7
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:18 am 

I don't speak German. But I can use Google translate.

If the cd device is supposed to boot first and it doesn't then maybe there is something wrong the live-cd. Do you have some other live-cd that does boot on this machine? If so then I would try to make sure the live-cd is correct. You should be able to mount the live-cd in Windows (I would hope). If it contains a single file that ends in .iso then it won't be able to boot. You don't want to copy the .iso file into a cd, you want to use the .iso file as an image to make the live-cd. That is the only way it will boot. The options to do this differ depending on the software you use to make the live-cd from the iso file.

So to summarize:

1) Can you boot any other live-cd on this machine?

2) Try to mount the live-cd you made and see if it is correct. A correct live-cd should have a set of files and folders like this:
Code:
EFI/
antiX/
boot/
cdrom.ico
version
The trailing / indicates a folder instead of a file.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:44 pm 

Hello BitJam, here my answers:

1.) I tried to boot with a "cinnamon" live cd. It dont works.

2.) The antix live cd seemt to me correct: I found the files you wrote and antix works good on my other machine.

Thanks for your ideas- enzo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:31 pm 

Du könntest die Live-CD mit dd auf einen Stick bringen und damit die Kiste starten.

Durch drücken und halten von F8 beim starten gelange ich bei mir zu folgenden Menü
Attachment:
usb_AuswahlResize.JPG
usb_AuswahlResize.JPG [ 110.08 KiB | Viewed 128 times ]

und kann mit den Pfeiltasten den Stick auswählen und mit Enter starten. :wink:

Müßtest das einmal ausprobieren, welche F-Taste das bei dir ist. Gehört habe ich schon von F12;
F11 oder F2. Möglicherweise muß man Geduld haben... :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:01 am 

enzo wrote:
1.) I tried to boot with a "cinnamon" live cd. It dont works.
2.) The antix live cd seem to me correct: I found the files you wrote and antix works good on my other machine.

Then the problem is very likely in the BIOS settings on the Windows-7 machine. Male provides a possible fix that involves making a live-usb.

If you can boot a recent antiX live-cd on your other machine then you can easily convert it to a live-usb with the live-usb-maker program. Just plug in a usb stick that you are willing to over-write and run live-usb-maker either from the command line or from one of the application menus. Follow the simple directions. This is easier, safer, and better than using the "dd" command. It is a new feature that may not have been widely advertised.

As male said, make a live-usb, plug it into the Windows-7 machine, and then use either the BIOS settings or the Boot Menu to boot from the live-usb.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:05 am 

:) Was soll ich sagen? Dank Eurer Anleitungen konnte ich heute mit einem neuen Stick alles richtig einstellen und neben "Win7" ganz viel Platz für "Mint" einrichten. Die alte Kiste läuft jetzt einfach astrein!

Herzlichen Dank und Grüße von- enzo.