It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Rox Pinboard problem
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:58 am 

Hi all,

I am setting up an old PIII box for my wife to use-- of course I am using antix.

Here is where I am stuck. My wife wants ugly little icons cluttering up her desktop because she doesn't want to navigate menus (long loud sigh). Anyway I spent an hour or so setting up pinboard for her and was all ready to go when I hit a snag. USB drives don't mount correctly in her user account. They show up in rox as the /dev drive name but the volume label doesn't appear and when you try to open the window, you get a message that the user doesn't have permission to read the directory.

Things work just fine for my user on the same box so I must have done something wrong.

Katawin

PS I would love for mount usb stuff to automatically put an icon on the desktop. Any hints?

Reg. Linux User #249090

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:08 pm 

I know this has been answered before (by anti), but I can't remember if the thread is in these forums or at mepis lovers. I only remember that rox is about your only option for mountable devices to show up on the desktop. Please search both forums and I'll do the same later today.

john

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:58 am 

Here is a thread on using the pinboard and automounting devices:

http://antix.freeforums.org/mounting-fl ... c-t64.html

Here is a thread on using idesk and automounting devices:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-87262.html

So perhaps the pinboard is not the only solution.

john