It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:06 pm

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: I'm new one
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:58 pm 

Good night & thank for antiX forum see u soon :D

Post subject: Re: I'm new one
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:05 pm 

Howdy and Welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:16 pm 

Welcome aboard. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:45 am 

Hi.

XP user up until MS pulled support some years back, then moved over to Puppy Linux ... then moved over to Debian frugally booted. Content to stay with Jessie (having tried Stretch and finding it not there yet despite being released as 'Stable'). Tried antiX and ... Wow!

Downloaded the big beast (full version) and copied the antiX folder over from the iso to HDD and booted using grub4dos. Tested out the saving (persistence) and remastering and it worked really really well. A masterpiece of ingenuity and craftmanship. Having some familiarity with Debian and Puppy and it all just slotted into place from the get-go.

I've just installed the 16.2 core (64 bit version) to HDD using the cli-installer and that was all simple/straightforward. Booted to command line and installed using --no-install-recommends ...
xorg i.e. graphical desktop with pcmanfm for filemanager/desktop icons/volume management and jwm for panel/tray/window management. Nice and light. Subsequently added firefox-esr, leafpad, libreoffice, galculator, osmo, mtpaint, pulseaudio and pavucontrol ... and pulse sound etc. are all working great. Backing that up (1.9GB) using mksquashfs and lzo level 1 compression and 700MB (with high/slower compression such as xz I guess it might be down at 500MB or perhaps less).

Not found a single problem. Except if being really pedantic where the login prompt says welcome to 16.1 instead of the 16.2 that's installed. Everything just works ... and easy too.

Found the board default grey theme colour to be a bit of a strain on the eyes. Just discovered that you can set the theme however in the user control panel settings/board settings and changing that to Aero Red ... and much nicer.