It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:16 am

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Solidarity with the greek people
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:53 pm 

This is a difficult time for Greece, which comes after years in which the Greek population is suffering from the dictates coming from international financial (and speculative) centers, the logic of which affect the monetary institutions of the European Community.
I want to send a support and a greeting to friends of the Greek language using this distribution and attending this Forum, in addition of course to Anti, who lives in Greece, and more generally to the entire Greek population.
I feel strong gratitude to the Greek culture and its history. Greece has been the true cradle of western thought that has generated the spirit of freedom and love for knowledge, in every field of knowledge.

I am aware what the greek culture and thought to have contributed to that original, real drive towards unity and fraternity of human beings.
As italian and european I know that Greece is part of my roots, before and more of every myth or ideology about founding Europe. For this I feel in great part greek.
I am seriously concerned about the events that are alternating in these days, as well as feel a deep disdain for the blackmail imposed on the Greek by austerity technocracy, which has now revealed the true goal of his ferocity: to impose one , failed economic model based on the destruction of human dignity.

For these reasons I want to support the greek people in this difficult page of their history.
Today is going on a referendum to decide whether to support, or not, the policy of Prime Minister Tsipras.
I hope that the people greek do his choice in full autonomy and dignity. I know the world is disgusting with all this and mobilizing because Greece can demonstrate that a different Europe - a different world - is really feasible, rejecting the ultimatum from slavery to the finance or barbarism. I want to express to the greek people, and in particular to Anti, and to Greek language members of the forum, my total support.

Long live Greece!

Post subject: Re: Solidarity with the greek people
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:34 am 

I'm happy too for the great greek people ! Italy's not only Renzi or others right wing politics.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:17 am 
I see it's the same old same old from the EU though! "We know you voted "NO!" but we're going to carry on regardless! Welcome to Freedom and Democacy!"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 80268.html

The deadlock has been broken in the Greek crisis after the Greek government submitted a detailed set of proposals for reform.

But it didn’t take long for those reading the new proposals to notice that they were strikingly similar to the ones Greece's European lenders had proposed - the same ones that 61 per cent of the Greek people rejected in the referendum last Sunday.

Meanwhile, in Iceland, where they prosecuted the bankers:

http://theantimedia.org/iceland-recover ... g-bankers/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:10 am 
http://rinf.com/alt-news/editorials/how-fascist-capitalism-functions-the-case-of-greece/

How Fascist Capitalism Functions: The Case of Greece

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:10 pm 

The people need to do as iceland did WORLD WIDE, and make the bankers who caused so much debt to pay for it. Now lets speak of the politicians who supported the action of the bankers.....

A great mind is something to get terribly wasted.
LRU# 563815

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:27 pm 

It seems like an endless spiral of increasing debt to me. Everyone expects to get back more than they put in, so they try to borrow the difference, but eventually it becomes obvious the debt can never be repaid. It can't even be reduced, let alone repaid.

I can't imagine a life where I would be asked to work my entire life to pay back the debts incurred by my parents or grandparents or great grandparents, but I think that's what future Greek's have to look forward to.

I still think they would be better off to just admit they are bankrupt and give up pretending they could ever repay all that debt. They are just stacking the debts higher, perpetuating the pain, and preventing any rebirth or recovery from ever occurring.

3-Dell E5540 8gb
4-Dell Inspiron 15 7559 16gb
various older machines