It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:23 am

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ext4 corruption: not only in RAID
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:27 pm 

I don't know if someone already experienced this bug.I'm unable to use ext4 with antix(i haven't tried another distro yet) because the filsystem gets corrupted quite often and easily.I red on the internet that it is a bug present in 4.0.x linux kernel and it shows up only with RAID disks.It seems like that this bug doesn't affect only RAID disks but also usb sticks.Can someone help me or explain what's happening with ext4?

Post subject: Re: Ext4 corruption: not only in RAID
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:16 pm 

As you say it is/was a bug in the kernel code which is at 4.0.6 at least now.

Post subject: Re: Ext4 corruption: not only in RAID
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

There is an antiX-4.0.5 kernel (and 4.0.4) in the repos. The raid/ext4 issue was supposed to have been addressed in kernel 4.0.4 and later.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]