It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Which version of antiX are you using?
antiX-M8-Intifada! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
antiX-M8.2-Tȟašúŋke Witkó 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
antiX-M8.5-Marek Edelman 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
antiX-M11-Jayaben Desai 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
antiX-12-Edelweisspiraten 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
antiX-13-Luddite 37%  37%  [ 13 ]
antiX-full 26%  26%  [ 9 ]
antiX-base 17%  17%  [ 6 ]
antiX-core 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 35
 Post subject: Re: Which version of antiX are you using?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:28 pm 

fatmac wrote:
Should I mention MX-14 here (?), I have it on an old Advent dual core 12"TFT laptop & a 10"TFT Novatech N1 netbook.
(Other machines still on 13.1/13.2.)

I have four instances of *some* version of antiX running on my two laptops. On the larger of the two, the one I call "a portable", the Gateway 2000 Series Model PA6A 17" display, I have an instance of antiX Core that I believe I've had there since 2009. The other instance is a freshly installed instance of antiX 13.2 that I installed not long after the release; I believe I'm using "Full" on this one.

On the Lenovo, I also have two instances of antiX, MX-14 and another more recently crafted instance of antiX Core. I use antiX kernels on some of these and Liquorix kernels on others; so far, just the stock system with MX-14.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:34 pm 

antiX 13.2 Full, but with a number of the original packages purged and customized to resemble CrunchBang Linux (openbox window manager and tint2 panel).

Last edited by KrunchTime on Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:49 am 

My latest? I have THREE: antiX Core (with Sid), antiX 14R Alpha, and antiX MX-14.3. All are great; each can be configured to suit whatever preferences you have. I currently have the antiX 14R running a light configuration; the antiX Core and antiX MX-14 both use Xfce, one is "stable" (MX-14) and the other, well, it's actually stable in terms of working, but the package changes are quite volatile. What's most impressive is that all three of them, regardless of whether I use Debian {stable, testing, unstable} they all work really well, showing just how flexible and usable these distributions are!

I can go super stable with low maintenance, testing with moderate, rolling changes, or Sid with the latest. I use caution with Sid around release updates, and I've had the current setup at least three or four years, and I've used Core since it was a prototype, and it's been a wonderful experience. So there's something for many different interests.