It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:39 am

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: adm8211 wireless activation help
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:43 pm 

I have just installed antiX 6.5. Now, I need to get my SMC2635w wireless card working. It has a adm1822 chipset. I have downloaded a driver from http://aluminum.sourmilk.net/adm8211. The makefile is directed to /lib/modules/<kernal version>/build. This is not a legit target, so I am trying to edit the makefile to a functional location. To which directory should I change this to? There is a 'module' target. I am pretty new at this stuff, so I don't really know anything. For any help, I will be forever in debt to you.

Thank you in advance!

Post subject: Re: adm8211 wireless activation help
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:02 pm 

envytea wrote:
I have just installed antiX 6.5.

Is there some reason (i.e., hardware) that you are on 6.5 and not the just-released 7.0 version?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:17 pm 

I installed 6.5 before I saw that there was a new version available. anyway, I just figured out that the driver is already on antiX. I just had not configured it correctly. Thanks anyway!

Post subject: Driver Name
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:57 pm 

Hi I am trying to get the card to work on 7.0. It just worked for me on Mepis 6.5 but I decided to go to Antix for 7 and it is not finding it. lspci shows the card, but ndiswrapper does not show the driver. I figure the driver must be on there somewhere, but what is is called? Is it a kernel module or does it need ndiswrapper?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Barry