It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:03 am

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Problems with wireless connection in AntiX
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:47 am 

I've been testing Antix on a laptop using the Broadcom 4318 chipset. Now I've successfully connected using the MEPIS 6.5 live CD. I assumed that it would work okay in Antix. Apparently I was mistaken. Here is what I've done so far using the Antix 6.5 live CD:

1)started mnetwork in a terminal logged in as root

2) entered my network's SSID and the correct WEP key. No, it's not set up for WPA.

3) Clicked apply

4) Clicked the Interface tab, clicked start/restart on apply and the clicked apply

I see the commands scrolling by in the terminal. However, when it executes what appears to be dhclient, it eventually fails to connect and goes to sleep.

I used a different method with the MEPIS live CD. I clicked automatic instead manual and then started Knetworkmanager, which doesn't exist in Antix because it's KDE.

My question is twofold:

1) Since it's the BCM4318 chipset, I've got the enable NDISwrapper button clicked. That should be necessary, correct?
2) What else am I missing?

I really want to get Antix wireless up and running. I like the look and feel of the distro, but I need the internet connection to be wireless. Wired simply isn't an option.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:17 am 

physics geek
If you can, plug the laptop into the modem via ethernet cable (assuming you are using broadband) and download ndiswrapper from synaptic. Once that's done, set up should be the same as with Mepis 6x. Check the ndiswrapper wiki here:

http://www.mepis.org/docs/en/index.php/ ... diswrapper

Good luck to you!.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

physics geek

Welcome to antiX. This link might help as well as the one posted by moron.

http://www.simplymepis.org/docs/en/inde ... orkarounds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:52 am 

If you're still having issues, post the output of iwconfig.