It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:46 pm

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Antix Nebula Wallpaper with Humanity-Color & Radiance
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:18 pm 

My system just works now so I killed some time creating this Nebula Wallpaper:

The wallpaper can be downloaded from here.

See also my guide below for installing the theme set "humanity-colors" with "Ambiance / Radiance" which has 8 different coloured themes / icons & support for both dark & light panels.

*** This guide below now includes instructions for applying Themes & Icons to GTK3 Apps (Roxterm / Gdebi & others) ***

Last edited by tradetaxfree on Wed May 02, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Antix Nebula Wallpaper
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:46 pm 

What is the launcher/dock up left? :-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:13 pm 

The "Mac like dock" is Wbar & debs can be found here. It's very light on resources (the packages are under 300k in size) & Wbar does NOT require Compiz - make sure you download both wbar (& install it first) - then install wbar-config.

In ~/.fluxbox/startup I find the following setting works well for Wbar:
Code:
(sleep 4 && wbar) &

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:30 am 

Thank you! It's a nice addition to the desktop. :-)

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:04 am 

tradetaxfree wrote:
My system just works now so I killed some time creating this Nebula Wallpaper:

The wallpaper can be downloaded from here.

Well, Alrighty then.

Looks cool on a hot day to me. :wink:

I Have a Masters in Raising Hell

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:54 am 

I also installed a purple icon & theme set "humanity-colors" with "Ambiance / Radiance" which has 8 different coloured themes / icons & support for both dark & light panels.

** See end of this post for details of how to make the Themes & Icons also work for GTK3 Apps (Roxterm / Gdebi & others) **

The tabbed File Manager is SpaceFM - the default File Manager in the next version of Antix M12.

First grab the dependency - the original humanitiy-icon-theme deb here

Add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list:
Code:
# Humanity-Color Icons
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ravefinity-project/ppa/ubuntu oneiric main

Import the PPA key / remove the incorrect source & install themes:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ravefinity-project/ppa
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ravefinity-project-ppa-wheezy.list
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install humanity-colors
sudo apt-get install ambiance-colors radiance-colors
sudo apt-get install gtk2-engines-pixbuf
sudo apt-get install gtk2-engines-murrine
sudo apt-get install gtk3-engines-unico
# For themes that support XFCE,LXDE and openbox
sudo apt-get install ambiance-colors-xfce-lxde radiance-colors-xfce-lxde

Install LXAppearance to configure theme & icon sets:
Code:
sudo apt-get install lxappearance

or alternatively set ~/.gtkrc-2.0 (changing the username at the bottom) to:
Code:
# DO NOT EDIT! This file will be overwritten by LXAppearance.
# Any customization should be done in ~/.gtkrc-2.0.mine instead.

gtk-theme-name="Classic-Ambiance-Purple-Xfce-LXDE"
gtk-icon-theme-name="Humanity-Colors-Purple"
gtk-font-name="Sans 10"
gtk-cursor-theme-name="DMZ-White"
gtk-cursor-theme-size=0
gtk-toolbar-style=GTK_TOOLBAR_BOTH
gtk-toolbar-icon-size=GTK_ICON_SIZE_LARGE_TOOLBAR
gtk-button-images=1
gtk-menu-images=1
gtk-enable-event-sounds=1
gtk-enable-input-feedback-sounds=1
gtk-xft-antialias=1
gtk-xft-hinting=1
gtk-xft-hintstyle="hintfull"
gtk-xft-rgba="rgb"
include "/home/your-username/.gtkrc-2.0.mine"

** Setting Debian Icon for Synaptic **

As the Humanity-Colour themes are originally for Ubuntu it gives Ubuntu logos in Synaptic. To change this back to Debian images run the following as Root (note we are copying .png to .svg for this to work):
Code:
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity/places/16/start-here.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Blue/actions/16/package-supported.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Dark-Blue/actions/16/package-supported.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Dark-Graphite/actions/16/package-supported.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Dark-Green/actions/16/package-supported.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Dark-Orange/actions/16/package-supported.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Dark-Pink/actions/16/package-supported.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Dark-Purple/actions/16/package-supported.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Dark-Red/actions/16/package-supported.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Dark-Yellow/actions/16/package-supported.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Graphite/actions/16/package-supported.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Green/actions/16/package-supported.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Orange/actions/16/package-supported.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Pink/actions/16/package-supported.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Purple/actions/16/package-supported.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Red/actions/16/package-supported.svg
cp /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/package-supported.png /usr/share/icons/Humanity-Colors-Yellow/actions/16/package-supported.svg

I'm also testing qtFM here which seems to be most complete with the Faenza icon theme which can be installed as follows:

** EDIT ** The humanity-color / ambiance themes also work well with qtFM once the mime cache is updated as shown at the end of the qtFM guide here

Add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list:
Code:
# Faenza Icons
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/tiheum/equinox/ubuntu oneiric main

Import the PPA key / remove the incorrect source & install the icon theme:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tiheum/equinox
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/tiheum-equinox-wheezy.list
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install faenza-icon-theme

Download Faenza-Fresh (additional application icons) & for Blue Folders (rather than Ubuntu / Gnome looking brown) - grab Faenza-Cupertino

Unpack both of these & place the Faenza folders into ~/.icons

To set the Faenza icons system wide either use LXAppearance to set the icon theme to Faenza-Fresh

Or change the 2nd line in ~/.gtkrc-2.0 to:
Code:
gtk-icon-theme-name="Faenza-Fresh"

Personally I just force Faenza-Fresh in qtfm by setting the following in ~/.config/qtfm/qtfm.conf
Code:
[General]
forceTheme=Faenza-Fresh

This then gives me a Root Terminal icon for my qtFM Custom Actions - change the line for it in the qtfm guide (under the [customActions] section of ~/.config/qtfm/qtfm.conf) - to:
Code:
%04=folder, Root Term here, gksu-root-terminal, gksu roxterm %F

I've also added qtFM to the Tools Menu of SpaceFM - it opens /usr/bin more quickly & is handy for creating symbolic links with the Custom Action I added. It also shows thumbnails of images which was useful for correcting the icon error above in Synaptic.

Making Icons & Themes work for GTK3 Apps

Roxterm & Gdebi are GTK3 apps so they will look ugly until you do the following (this example is for the Purple Theme & Icons):
Code:
ln -s /usr/share/themes/Ambiance-Purple-Xfce-LXDE/gtk-3.0 ~/.config/gtk-3.0
sudo nano /usr/share/themes/Ambiance-Purple-Xfce-LXDE/gtk-3.0/settings.ini

& add the following to the end of settings.ini:
Code:
gtk-icon-theme-name="Humanity-Colors-Purple"

Post subject: Re: Antix Nebula Wallpaper with Humanity-Color & Radiance
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Excellent stuff tradetaxfree

Post subject: Re: Antix Nebula Wallpaper with Humanity-Color & Radiance
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:45 am 

For Ubuntu like buttons for fluxbox download this style & unpack into ~/.fluxbox/styles & it will be the first entry in the Fluxbox Settings ----> Styles menu

Finally if you use any themes for Firefox / Thunderbird remove them so they inherit the Ambiance / Humanity-Colors Themes. In VLC & Skype force the Window Style to GTK+ under their Preferences / Options.