It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: wbar in iceWM - Help with logout and volume commands?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:06 am 

Hi guys,

I was really impressed with the slick initial install of Antix, and the backdrop, and managed to find the icenoir theme (nom). I guess I always wanted a macbook, and so I'd love to do away with the menu bar totally. But It'd be a pain to have to root around in the menus when I want to shutdown or change the volume. Does anyone know what the terminal command is that pulls up the logout box (ie not just shutdown, I found a script for that, but to bring up the box with all the options). Also is there a GUI volume interface that can be called using a terminal command also?

Thanks muchly.

Edit: Also any with the script for the button that changes/pics a desktop (ie one of the four). I've gotten to like being able to hop between desktops for different tasks. It's really useful.

Post subject: Re: wbar in iceWM - Help with logout and volume commands?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

Not using icewm, but your keys file should have something like this for volume control. (If not, add it.) KP=Keypad.

Code:
key "Alt+Ctrl+KP_Divide" aumix -v -5 # lower volume
key "Alt+Ctrl+KP_Multiply" aumix -v +5 # raise volume

For logout dialog box, you could add this:

key "Alt+Ctrl+e" exitantix.sh

A gui for volume control is alsamixer.

key "Alt+Ctrl+v" roxterm -e alsamixer

In icewm prefernces file, change ShowTaskBar=1 to ShowTaskBar=0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:37 am 

Thanks anti. A fresh look this morning helped. My aumix install was buggy for some reason, but I stumbled across the Commandlinefu website. Specifically this command:
amixer -c 0 set Master 1+ unmute

So now I have keyboard shortcuts set, like you suggested, I went with the original Ctrl+Alt+m for mute, Ctrl+Alt+j for volume down (amixer -c 0 set Master 5-) and Ctrl+Alt+k for volume up (amixer -c 0 set Master 5+) - thanks for the suggestion though, it set me on the right track - keyboard shortcuts.

Same goes for your directions for the exitantix.sh. I did a locate for it (damn I love that command) and now have the button run the following: /usr/share/antiX/localisation/en/local-bin/exitantix.sh.

I also discovered that Ctrl+Alt+Left/Right Arrow key switches between desktops, so I have all I need to do away with the taskbar, and for the rest there's always the Windows Key (Super Key?) and menu. Thanks for your help :). I'm really loving this distro.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:22 pm 

Tanga wrote:
I also discovered that Ctrl+Alt+Left/Right Arrow key switches between desktops...

You can use Super(Windows)+Left/Right Arrow too (IIRC, in .icewm/preferences you can set it to use the Super key as Ctrl+Alt - which is the default - or not).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:48 am 

Thanks secipolla, my windows key wasn't easily accessible (poky little button on the top right), but I've remapped it to caps-lock now, so that's a neat trick - cheers.