It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 10:32 pm

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Nouveau screenremains blank after powersave
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:50 pm 

Hi

I got a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100, 768MB Ram, nvidia 420 Go with 64 MB Ram. I run M11 with latest updates and upgrades. The systems runs perfectly fine as long as the screen does not go black for powersaving. If so, it remains black and I have no chance to get back into the system, even F1, F2 etc consoles do not work. It simply does not come back to life again when I move the mouse or hit a key. I have to press the power off button and the system shuts down apparently smoothly.

If after booting and logging into slim, I start an F1 console, go back to Graphics (Alt-F7). The screen can go into powersave black and comes back to life again when I move the mouse or hit a key.

Seems there have been similar prblems around with nouveau, I tried to figure out what has been indicated here: <http://antix.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3644> but I do not have an xorg.conf or any file of name *nouveau*, say in /etc/X11.

greez

chris

Post subject: Re: Nouveau screenremains blank after powersave
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:09 pm 

Hi all

got it SOLVED

using smxi, I created a proper xorg.conf. That's all, now we're up and having fun!

greez

chris