Hello. I know there is a wiki being developed and I have also offered to help anti customize the icewm part of antix, so I see this as a way to get my ideas out there for everyone to share in. Here's what I have so far:
1. There are 3 missing config files. Copy them from /usr/share/icewm to ~/.icewm as user:
cp /usr/share/icewm/keys ~/.icewm
cp /usr/share/icewm/preferences ~/.icewm
cp /usr/share/icewm/winoptions ~/.icewm
2. To make icewm a little more usable, I suggest editing ~/.icewm/preferences as follows:
CPUStatusCommand="wterm -tr +sb -fg white -T "Htop" -e htop"
Just find the lines, uncomment them, and edit as suggested.
3. If you would like to add themes, create the folder ~/.icewm/themes and extract the tarballs to that directory.
Most themes have an icon for xterm, but not for wterm. So the result is a "wterm" button on your toolbar instead of the terminal icon from your theme. Here's a fix:
Edit it as follows:
prog wterm xterm wterm -tr +sb -fg white -T "antiX"
4. Add a mixer to your toolbar. Add the following to ~/.icewm/toolbar:
prog "Mixer" /usr/share/pixmaps/icon_aumix.xpm aumix
Or you could just use your keyboard with some predefined keys. Look in ~/.icewm/keys and you will see that there are some keys already defined for raising/lowering the volume using aumix.
5. Now would be a good time to log out and try your new icewm settings.
Some items for the future:
1. editing the menu (for this project I will use icemc from the repos)
2. porting config-user to icewm
3. additional tweaks as I learn more (for example, the absolute project found a way to include a volume slider on the taskbar. that's cool)