It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:14 pm

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Iceweasel configs
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:40 am 

I installed Iceweasel via apt-get, did update-menus and went to the menu, but iceseasel is nowhere to be found. I would like to replace Iceape with Iceweasel, hopefully using the same icons that are there. Is there any way to do this? I can't stand Iceape, and would rather not have to install Firefox.

BTW, I can only get Iceweasel to come up if I go to the terminal and type in 'iceweasel' .

Thanks for any advice.

Post subject: Re: Iceweasel configs
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:14 am 

mizpa wrote:
I installed Iceweasel via apt-get, did update-menus and went to the menu, but iceseasel is nowhere to be found. I would like to replace Iceape with Iceweasel, hopefully using the same icons that are there. Is there any way to do this? I can't stand Iceape, and would rather not have to install Firefox.

BTW, I can only get Iceweasel to come up if I go to the terminal and type in 'iceweasel' .

Thanks for any advice.

Assuming you are using iceWM ,
antiXControlCenter>Edit IceWm Settings>menu

Change this line:
Code:
prog "Web Browser" /usr/share/pixmaps/iceape.xpm /usr/bin/iceape

To this:
Code:
prog "Web Browser" /usr/share/pixmaps/iceweasel.xpm /usr/bin/iceweasel

Logout, and log back in and everything should work.

Post subject: Re: Iceweasel configs
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:46 pm 

Thanks afab4 I will try that when I re-install Iceweasel. I'm having trouble installing it, every time I try to use it, I get all kinds of messages saying there are GTK errors! I don't know what is going on. In addition to losing my applications menu for XFCE (another thread), I can't install Iceweasel or Firefox without some missing files or configs :? Reinstalling XFCE4 did not do me any good at all, and up to now I've installed antiX 3 times to try to get a decent install. antiX M11 has worked fine for me for about a week or two, and then it goes nuts! If this keeps up, I'm just going to go back to M8.5, which I had no trouble with at all, (until I did a dist-upgrade which wiped out my Internet connections). I've learned through this process of using rolling releases that if I only do an update/upgrade I have fewer problems than if I do update/upgrade/dist-upgrade. This works the same for me whether I use apt-get, synaptic, or smxi.