It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:04 am

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Full upgrade removes internet connection.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:44 pm 

I've had 8.5 on for about a year, no complaints except for some of the apps which I see as sub-par, but I suppose they were added so as to keep the distro small. I've had a few problems/annoyances as you might expect (nothing's perfect in this world), but in the main, it has been a good OS. Now, I recently decided to do a full upgrade
Code:
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade
so as to keep this OS up to date, as it is has been a great backup for other Debian clone OS's that I have been trying/testing out - when/if they crash, I always have "good ol' dependable ....". After doing the full upgrade, I shutdown and within the next few days I decided to check out the results, but now it won't connect to the internet, my applications menu is empty (seems like I had this same problem before, but I don't remember if it was with antiX), the browser icon in the launch bar doesn't work, nor does the exit icon in the launch bar. I didn't see any problems on the announcement page other than something about using the Greek language (computers are pretty much Greek to me, but that's not important here!), so I went ahead with the full upgrade.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to go about finding out what's wrong with my internet connection? For now, I can work around the other problems, but I'd really like to be connected to the internet with antiX just in case! I'm somewhat familiar with CLI, and I use nano to edit my config files for sources and boot menus, but other than that, I'm pretty much clueless as to how to go about diagnosing what is probably an easy fix. Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Full upgrade removes internet connection.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:50 pm 
Site Admin

Have you tried ceni to connect?

You probably need to edit your /etc/apt/sudoers file.
post21732.html?hilit=/etc/sudoers#p21732

What does
apt-get -f install
show?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:55 am 

never used ceni to connect, I'm hardwired to the broadband router/internet. LMDE connects, antiX doesn't! I don't have the CC to connect with, since all the applications have wiped out for some unknown reason! I'll go to my antiX and do as you suggest, then come back here and post the results. THX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:24 am 

/etc/apt/sudoers was an empty file - I set it up according to your August post.

Code:
apt-get -f install
yields this result
Code:
E: The package ttf-lyx needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an archive for it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:32 am 
Site Admin

Try

apt-get purge ttf-lyx

If that works ok, then

apt-get -f install

will finish the job.