It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 1:25 pm

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: from sid to stretch
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:11 pm 

I am using sid now with antix-16. I also have jessie with antix-15 in another partition.

I have tried to make a stretch installation except there isn't a stretch in the daveserver. The debian has an early freeze for stretch leading to a final stretch in 2017. Are there plans to make a stretch dist for antix or just continue with sid?

See http://antix.daveserver.info/stretch

Ref:http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Debian-9-Trans-Free

Post subject: Re: from sid to stretch
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

There will be a stretch folder at some point.
At the moment it is testing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:48 pm 

Ok, thanks for the info.
I think I will let my sid keep going and upgrade the jessie to stretch when that is official.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

At the moment upgrading antiX jessie to antiX stretch will break some apps, notably roxterm and an upgrade also messes up themes for IceWM and JWM as well as conky.
I'm sure any gtk3 stuff will also have issues even if they are not actually 'broken'

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]