It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 12:40 pm



Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!


Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Experimental isos for testing
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:29 am
Posts: 1136
package file-roller 5Mb is installed (plus dep. nautilus-data 13Mb)
but I haven't found anywhere (rox-filer context menu? spacefm context menu?) it's accessible via any desktop app.
? Is it an orphan introduced by debootstrap during build, or is some DE plumbing for it missing?

===

package flashrom
Whoa! Why is this pre-installed? (it's a vector for major, irrecoverable, exploit)
If it just got pulled in by debootstrap, please remove it. If it has been included by choice, I'd like to hear the "damn good reason" why.

===
package bleachbit v1.4-1 is installed
Due to the the jessie freeze, v1.6 (available in sid) will not become available anytime soon...
...so we're missing significant newly-introduced browser cleanup benefits:
http://bleachbit.sourceforge.net/news/bleachbit-16

===

other apparent orphans (okeydokey if they have been included by choice):
alpine 7Mb
asciidoc 2.5Mb
btrfs-tools 3.2Mb
haven't yet thoroughly looked for other orphans


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Experimental isos for testing
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:29 am
Posts: 1136
Aw, man, I've been posting to the wrong thread. I'm testing the _a4 released discussed in a different thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Experimental isos for testing
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:32 pm
Posts: 755
lol, I was starting to wonder about that...

Maybe a mod wants to shuffle things around?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Experimental isos for testing
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:29 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 5803
Location: Greece
skidoo wrote:
package file-roller 5Mb is installed (plus dep. nautilus-data 13Mb)
but I haven't found anywhere (rox-filer context menu? spacefm context menu?) it's accessible via any desktop app.
? Is it an orphan introduced by debootstrap during build, or is some DE plumbing for it missing?

===


It is now called archive manager under Accessories. It was previously requested as a better alternative to xarchiver.

skidoo wrote:
package flashrom
Whoa! Why is this pre-installed? (it's a vector for major, irrecoverable, exploit)
If it just got pulled in by debootstrap, please remove it. If it has been included by choice, I'd like to hear the "damn good reason" why.

===


Don't know your reasoning for claiming it could cause or be subject to expoloits, but here is its home page. http://flashrom.org/Flashrom

A few distros seem to include this app. Distros I would trust eg grml, partedmagic, system
rescue
http://flashrom.org/Live_CD

skidoo wrote:
package bleachbit v1.4-1 is installed
Due to the the jessie freeze, v1.6 (available in sid) will not become available anytime soon...
...so we're missing significant newly-introduced browser cleanup benefits:
http://bleachbit.sourceforge.net/news/bleachbit-16

===


I will include the latest version from debian sid.

skidoo wrote:
other apparent orphans (okeydokey if they have been included by choice):
alpine 7Mb
asciidoc 2.5Mb
btrfs-tools 3.2Mb
haven't yet thoroughly looked for other orphans


Included by choice.

_________________
Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Experimental isos for testing
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:32 pm
Posts: 755
The jwm version boots after a while, and runs pretty well on a 400mhz / 105mb of ram machine.
I have just used it live from usb on that one, but it looks like I will install it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
suspicion-preferred