It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:30 pm

Welcome
Welcome to antiX-forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: antiX-sid available
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:52 am 
Site Admin

These are for experienced users only. The isos are labelled as alphas.

Basically it is antiX-core plus xorg (needed to keep it free from systemd). eudev replaces udev.

It even installs a systemd-free xfce and kde.

*sysvinit - no systemd!, no libsystemd0!, no udev-systemd!
*kernel: 4.3.0-custom
*gcc5 and cpp-5
*xorg: 1:7.7+13
*xterm
*ceni and dhclient to connect to net
*elinks browser
*irssi chat
*antiX live remaster and persistence scripts
*rsync
*smxi/inxi scripts

Enjoy!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/antix- ... /antiX-16/

Post subject: Re: antiX-sid available
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:46 am 

Installed it twice, but it would not boot pass the BIOS.
No grub on the hdd with AntiX-16 core I guess.

update:
It was a new SSD, so I installed AntiX-15 and it worked fine,

Rebooted to the Antix 16 USB drive and tried to install, this time everything worked correctly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:34 pm 

I don't know if this'll help, but I have to do the following to get antiX-core 15 to install via the cli-installer when installing to a SSD. I'm actually installing to a virtual machine, but that the shouldn't matter I don't think:

Start the CLI installer.
Pick msdos vs. gpt disk partitioning. Otherwise grub install will fail in steps below. Someone that knows grub better might know how to make it work with gpt.
When setting the partition size, put a space between the size and "GB". Or convert to MB and use that number in which case the space doesn't seem to matter.
Set the bootable flag on the partition. I don't know for sure that this is necessary.
The cli-installer code doesn't seem to properly handle sda device and, instead, tries to use hda. The code output is redirected to /dev/nul, so the error is never seen. To correct this, as soon as the installer exits and before rebooting run the code below. if you reboot first, you get the error about not being able to find a bootable partition or something to that affect and you have to start over.

Code:
mount /dev/sda1 /media/sda1
mount -o tmpfs --bind /dev/ /media/sda1/dev/
mount -o proc --bind /proc/ /media/sda1/proc/
mount -o sysfs --bind /sys/ /media/sda1/sys/
chroot /media/sda1 grub-install --recheck --no-floppy --force /dev/sda
chroot /media/sda1 update-grub /dev/sda
/sbin/make-fstab --install /media/sda1
chroot /media/sda1 update-initramfs -u -t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:41 pm 

I've just tried to install this release. I wanted to install it in a parallel btrfs subvolume. To do I created one @antixcore side by side to the other subvolumes I have on the disk. My plan was to tell the installer not to partition anything and not to delete the existing data. After the mounting dialog of the installer I wanted to remount the partition so that the subvolume @antixcore is mounted on /mnt/antiX.

But the installer simply started to delete all data on the partition. I quit after some seconds with Ctr+Alt+Del and was able to boot into my install on the partition. (Now I am a bit uneasy what might have been deleted.)

Does anybody know a workaround, that I don't get my data deleted?

Edit: reading this one now http://antix.mepis.org/index.php?title=Cli-installer and it seems you cannot avoid deleting the data.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:39 pm 

I found out what the installer deleted, it started alphabetically with the first subvolume @antix, where my main antiX install was. It left only /usr and /var and intrid and vmlinuz. :lol: :lol: Thank gods I have a snapshot of it! :lol: :lol:
Now I've installed to another drive and will copy the installed files to my main SSD, there is an almost empty subvolume waiting fo them. :P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:29 am 

Hello!

AntiX-15 serves me quite well, but would like to see what this rockin' crew has done with 16. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. However, I seem to be unable to find the MD5 hash for the antiX-16-b5_386-full.iso anywhere.

Can someone tell me what/where it is? It probably downloaded OK, but would like to know for sure...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:10 pm 

N4RPS wrote:
Hello!

AntiX-15 serves me quite well, but would like to see what this rockin' crew has done with 16. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. However, I seem to be unable to find the MD5 hash for the antiX-16-b5_386-full.iso anywhere.

Can someone tell me what/where it is? It probably downloaded OK, but would like to know for sure...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

There is a antiX-16-b5_386-full.iso.sig, read this to learn how to check the signature of the ISO http://www.mepiscommunity.org/wiki/syst ... -iso-files

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:50 am 

Hello!

Thanks for schooling me in how GPGs work as they pertain to antiX. Had to 'tweak' things a little (as in using Adrian's GPG key), but obtained the desired result- which is good, because I'd already installed it and tweaked it to my preferences on faith.

It's too early to know for sure, but 16 seems to run a little faster. Anyway, with only 50% CPU utilization, it handles both digital broadcast TV and Bluetooth stereo audio without any lag - on an Atom N270 1600MHz CPU and 1 GB RAM, no less...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]