Found a weird thingy with leafpad.
I use a saved file I made called cli radio that uses terminal and mplayer to play my internet radio stations on file.
Anyways. I copied and pasted my bash file. Into a new text file I made. I was using leafpad to do this. My error (pop up window) was
Can't convert codeset to 'ISO-8859-1'
so I could not save my newly created file. As a work around. I used Geany
instead. It saved it just fine.
· select a station and play ·
· [space] to pause, [q] to stop, [Ctrl]+[c] to quit ·
· 1 Addict Alternative 2 Audio Ink ·
· 3 Addict Rock 4 The Buzz ·
· 5 Power_Rock 6 Schizophonic ·
· 7 80s radio 8 Rock-Radio ·
· 9 90s Radio 10 Radio Xenu ·
· 11 WFMU 12 Rage Radio ·
· 13 KikiNovak Radio 14 AGX ·
· 15 Progressive 16 BadRok Radio ·
· 17 Classic Gator Rock 18 All Dixie Rock ·
· 19 AMPZ Adult 20 106 Radio ·
select a number from 1 to 20 then hit [Enter]
I'm not sure what is up with leafpad in this patch release.
Just thought I would mention it.
My pastebin link to mentioned script ishttp://pastebin.com/ZUAFfcPW
It requires mplayer but you can sub another player like xine I guess
instead if you wish. Just wondering if I am the only one experiencing
this behavior from leafpad or not. If you download the .txt file.
You will not have permission to run it by taking off the .txt ending in the name. It is just easier to make a blank file and copy and paste mine over
to it and name it and make it executable in rox.
Then delete the downloaded .txt file.
1st time I have had leafpad die on me like this.
Anyways. Figured I'd mention it. Now off to search
how to fix this. Maybe mousepad may give more joy?
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
Generating locales (this might take a while)...